Gypsum board, also known as drywall or drywall partitioning, is a wall panel made out of compressed gypsum, coated in durable paper and used for interior walls and ceilings. It has been utilized as one of the primary methods for wall construction in many houses, offices, schools and retail outlets. The reason for this being that you can get the job done quickly and cost-effectively.
Gyproc SA is the leading authority on ceilings, providing effective solutions for all types of building, from hospitals and schools to homes and leisure centres.
Our concealed grid ceilings, using Gyproc RhinoBoard, will provide versatile, distinctive aesthetics that can enhance the interior styling of any building.
- Subject to loading detail, suspension should not exceed 1200mm centres
- The suspension must not be out of plumb (vertical) more than 25mm for each 150mm of plenum depth and in no case should exceed 500mm to a 3000mm depth
- Whenever the above is exceeded and/or when the hanger suspension is more than 2000mm long, then a sub grid is recommended. Should suspension be vertical, then a 4200mm drop would be acceptable using hanger strap
- In no case should suspension be from other services in the ceiling void
- A hanger suspension point within 400mm from the wall angle or shadow moulding must be installed on main tees and cross tees
- Two steel pop rivets with a shear strength three times that of the maximum allowed ceiling load is to be used
- When securing wire to tee, it should be wound tightly around itself at least three times
- Should the ceiling mass exceed 20kg/m2, a sub grid is required and a consulting engineer should recommend suitable suspension
- Suitable for most applications where normal fire, structural and acoustic levels are specified
Brown Reverse Side Paper
Ivory Face Paper